Butternut Squash with Caramelized Onions
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
8 servings (about 1/2 cup each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups butternut fresh or frozen cubed butternut squash, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onion; cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender and starting to brown.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until onions are caramelized.
- Stir in cooked squash; heat through. Sprinkle with pecans just before serving.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: LF :: tricia :: naphak :: Renee :: Dahti S :: vivianamora :: BNelson :: Dawn :: LaDonya :: Marcia :: Justine C :: Cheri Short :: AshLarramore :: Jo :: Jenny R :: gamchelle :: Ann D :: brenda :: lhill :: Lisa