Meringue Bowls with Fresh Berries and Cream Filling
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
1:20 to 1:40
14 meringue bowls
Mini Meringue Bowls
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Light Cream Filling
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 good grind fresh ground black pepper
- Mini Meringue Bowls: Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Beat egg whites, vinegar and salt on high until soft peaks form. Slowly add the sugar until medium stiff peaks form. (When you hold the whisk up, the peak should droop over just a bit.)
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and dollop very generous tablespoons of meringue about 2 inches apart. Make an indent in the center to make a bowl.
- Bake for 80-100 minutes or until bowls are dry.
- Light Cream Filling: Beat all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Balsamic Berries: Mix all ingredients gently and allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Assembly: Place a generous teaspoon of filling into the meringue bowl. Top with berries. You could also drizzle with a little melted chocolate or sprinkle a little fresh mint over it.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: David Sanford :: robbie :: LearningCoupons2014 :: Yesenia Q :: 3Doghouse :: Janice C :: Tina J :: DEB :: Leslie W :: PDavis :: Jennifer :: Karen Haefeker :: Amy W :: m :: Glynda G :: Maureen :: Pam Collins :: terry :: sweethang2777 :: jay patel