- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup Steviacane
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites (from 10-12 large eggs)
- 1/2 cup Steviacane
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour and first listed Steviacane and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip on medium speed, egg whites, second listed Steviacane, cream of tartar, vanilla extract and salt. Whip to medium peaks and add contents of tea bags. Stop whipping when combined. Do not whip to stiff peaks!
- Using a spatula, gently fold in flour mixture.
- Spoon batter in an ungreased angel food cake or tube pan.
- Place in a 350°F oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger. The cake will initially rise and near end of baking start to shrink slightly.
- Turn pan upside down and allow to cool.
- Run a knife around edges of pan to loosen cake.
- Serve as is or with sorbet, fruit, ice cream etc.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Did you know that angel food cake contains no fat or cholesterol? For an elegant flavor, add Earl Grey tea into the cake batter (as shown in the photo) or experiment with berry flavored teas, lemon or orange zest etc.