- One 9-inch piecrust
- 1/2 cup Steviacane
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (Do not omit)
- 2 teaspoons lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 apples, (3 Granny Smith + 3 Golden delicious)
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup Steviacane
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick cold unsalted butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare or thaw a 9 inch pie crust and place on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Steviacane, apple sauce, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Peel apples one at a time, quarter apples and cut each quarter in 5-6 slices, cut each slice in half crosswise. Place in above mixture to prevent browning. Once all apples are incorporated add cranberries and flour.
- Place filling in piecrust. Melt butter and pour over filling.
- Prepare streusel – crumble by combining flour, cinnamon, salt and Steviacane in a bowl. Using a cheese grater, grate very cold butter into small pieces directly onto flour mixture.
- Rub between your hands to turn streusel into small lumps and it becomes crumbles. Sprinkle with a little water if it refuses to crumble.
- Sprinkle crumble topping over apples and place in oven. Bake until filling makes thick bubbles (like honey) about 90 minutes. If pie gets too dark cover with aluminum foil.