Pear Vanilla Bean Jam
Prep time :
8 half-pint jars
- 4 cups peeled, cored and finely chopped pears
- 5 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, split and scraped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
- Crush pears in a large saucepan and stir in sugar, cinnamon and vanilla bean seeds.
- Add lemon juice and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until mixture is at a roaring boil that you can't stir down. Immediately stir in the liquid pectin. Bring back to a full roaring boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove jam from heat, skim off foam and fill hot, sterile jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims with a clean, damp paper towel and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Remove jars, cool and store.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Billie W :: Aly :: Nan :: DELIGHTMAKER :: christina jinright :: Jennifer :: Laura Valler :: Geneva M :: Stacy Stine :: flawluss :: Annette H :: Gary N :: Rolanda V :: E Pallone :: LISA P :: alisharay :: Sheila S :: Cindy VanMeter :: Ernest :: Ashley