Strawberry Mint Jelly
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
About seven 6 oz glasses
- 2 quarts ripe strawberries
- 3 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup mint leaves and stems, firmly packed
- 1 box powdered fruit pectin
- Wash, hull and crush or grind strawberries. Place in jelly bag and squeeze out juice. Measure 2 ½ cups juice. Measure sugar; set aside.
- Place mint in a large saucepan; crush and add strawberry juice. Set over high heat. Add pectin; mix well. Stir until mixture reaches a hard boil. Add sugar all at once, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, skim and strain into glasses. Paraffin at once.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
For water bath canning tips, visit FreshPreserving.com.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Tracie :: Irene Voyles :: IRIS GANDY :: Marilyn W :: melaniegwallace :: cindy schaw :: Sara H :: roslynblackmon :: Lindseykayla18 :: rdipiazza :: Yvonne :: kelly lambert :: ladybuglee :: Tina :: Tebryia LaDue :: Wanda :: Kimberly N :: Y H :: Chris :: kpeoples41