Strawberry Thyme Jam
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:15 to 0:20
- 2 cups crushed fresh strawberries (about 4 cups before smashing them)
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine berries and sugar and bring to a boil over med-high heat, stirring frequently. When mixture is thickened, pull off heat and add thyme and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. If planning on storing in the refrigerator, turn jars upside down while still hot to seal and place in fridge. If planning to store at room temperature, seal jars and process in a water bath for 10 minutes. Remove from water and let stand undisturbed for 24 hours. Store in a cool dark place for one year.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: JKoroskenyi :: marsha yawn :: Sadie :: DC :: Bette :: r :: Donna Reed :: kimi :: Michael M :: tammi :: Mendy :: April B :: Dountt :: Erica G :: amanda callaham :: Mona M :: barbara ewing :: glenda O :: katebertelson :: dreya