- 1 cup hulled and quartered strawberries
- 1 cup diced ripe mango (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 175 degrees F. (If your oven only goes to 200, open the door periodically during baking to cool it down.) Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Puree strawberries, mango, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- With a spatula, spread purée on lined baking sheet to 1/8-inch thickness. It may not extend all the way to edges. Spread as flat and as evenly as possible and ensure that no part of baking sheet is visible beneath purée. Too thin a spread will cause leather to crisp in oven.
- Bake purée for 3 to 4 hours, until fruit no longer feels sticky but is still lightly tacky. Begin checking leather after 2 hours and continue to check every 30 minutes. Baking time will vary based upon thickness of purée, oven’s exact temperature and humidity.
- Remove leather from oven and let cool completely on baking sheet. Lay a sheet of wax paper on top, then peel wax paper and leather off together. Transfer sheet to a cutting board, then slice it into desired sized strips or sheets. Roll and store or enjoy immediately.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
NOTE: Wrapped tightly in plastic and stored in an airtight container, fruit leather will keep for one month at room temperature or one year in the freezer.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.