Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper. Lay popped popcorn out over pan; set aside.
- In a small pot, heat sugar, gelatin, and corn syrup over medium low heat until smooth and bubbly, about 5-6 minutes. Add butter and stir until incorporated.
- Pour mixture over popcorn, stirring to coat. Place in oven and bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and stir; return to oven for 4 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to set, about 2-3 minutes. Form into balls, if desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: mopi :: Anna :: lon :: Jennifer Sheffield :: Gina Fender :: crisdeanna :: sharon :: oldcookie :: tara melancon :: lee H :: Jackie :: BluCoke :: Janet :: Sam D :: K. Cherise Grant :: Christi :: christierowe :: Kathleen J :: JordanE :: dad