Barbequed Pork Mini Pies
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- Citrus BBQ Sauce
- 1 refrigerated pie dough, cut into 6 pieces
- 3 cups shredded pork, cooked (store bought, smoked, or prepared)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw
- Cilantro, to garnish
Citrus BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make Citrus BBQ Sauce according to recipe instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
- Press 6 pieces of pie dough into rough square shape, then press into 6 of the muffin tins.
- Combine shredded pork with prepared BBQ sauce (use as much as desired), then place coated pork into each crust. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Top with prepared coleslaw and cilantro, as desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: BBQ Sauce and pork can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until needed.
Citrus BBQ Sauce
- In a small saucepot, combine juices, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, ketchup, and brown sugar, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring as needed. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Allow to cool before using. Keep refrigerated until needed.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Z1 :: nisha :: Iris M :: Mary H :: amygreene :: Chere :: Helen :: Dave :: Linda :: HelenJ :: rosa vasquez :: Melvin C :: Ritaz :: shannon :: T :: Ruby :: Goga :: Sharon H :: chascol :: haneefah1600