- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Peel yams and rinse with cold water. Cut each potato into cubes.
- In a medium-sized pot, combine butter and vanilla extract. Add ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and sugar. Once combined, add sweet potato cubes. Cook on medium-high, until yams have come to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low and cover with pot lid for the remainder of the cooking time. Let simmer 10 minutes before serving.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
- Sugar can be reduced based on taste preference.
- Recipe also works in a slow-cooker.
This Donna McGee's Homemade Candied Yams recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.