Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:18 to 0:20
- 4 cups large cubed red potatoes
- 3 average sized garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan cover potatoes with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Simmer on low until fork tender, about 18 minutes. Meanwhile prepare all remaining ingredients. When potatoes are tender drain and discard all water.
- Press garlic through a garlic press or grate very fine. Add to drained potatoes along with butter, seasonings and salt. Mash using a potato masher.
- Add cheese. For softer mashed potatoes add a small amount of half and half. Reheat in a microwave if necessary.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: HoneyRyder :: NBrande :: Denise Latham :: APinnix :: Michelle D :: cugboy72 :: bamarrt :: Sandy :: Brad :: abby :: Carol Deveney :: Joyce G :: Marsha B :: TEMPOKITTY :: colleen J :: lila jones :: Les :: tammy pope :: Gabriele Sikinger :: BlondeBritt