Ham, Cheese and Corn Mini Muffins
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
18 mini muffins
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat white flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil or melted butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup deli ham, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease an 18-count mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk to combine egg, milk, oil and sugar. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined. Fold in ham, cheese and corn.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with batter. Top with a pinch of additional shredded cheese if desired. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Sue :: Jennifer D :: TERI GALL :: Christys :: Judy :: Tina :: Misty :: ELizabeth Burgess :: Mary Jo J :: Roxi :: Bri :: alma :: Rissa Latimer :: Laurie L :: crystal :: Chad Nichols :: Tina W :: Charlotte M :: Lance M :: M.Beatty