Slow Cooker Chili Burger Dip
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) dark red kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) light red kidney beans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Cheddar cheese, to top
- Sour cream, to top
- Sauté onions in large skillet (or in base of large enameled cast iron Dutch oven), in butter, garlic and sugar until translucent. Remove about half of the onions from skillet and reserve.
- In same sauté pan or Dutch oven, brown beef with remaining onions, salt and pepper flakes. Once browned, add all ingredients to the slow cooker, except for cheddar cheese.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally. When ready to serve, top with cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired. Serve with tortilla or favorite chips.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Dianne :: hollihouck :: Tempie :: Desa :: Julie S :: Sindhura B :: ashley :: Susan H :: Scott DeShais :: Jennifer H :: Eaves2001 :: renee :: shan :: brandi :: Nickia :: Todd :: Michael R :: Tarah Martos :: tmac :: lisa