Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine sugar, water, vanilla extract and salt in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add pecans and toss into syrup. Cook a few minutes and until most of the syrup is evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir pecans until a white grainy coating develops on their surface.
- Turn heat back on to medium and toss pecans until white coating caramelizes and they sound “dry”.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and remove from heat. Let pecans cool on parchment paper.
- Store airtight.
Delicious on salads, with cheese platters, ice cream, dessert toppings etc…
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Ashley Crossman :: Eve M :: Ammoheng :: rcarr :: firstbrownie :: paulaaldama :: Kara B :: LisaJ :: Greg Williamson :: Jennifer Powell :: Diane C :: Loki :: Terri Louise :: MP :: Jacquelyn :: crystal :: Libby Davis :: Food :: Wendy F :: VickiJ