Dressing Stuffed Flank Steak with Golden Sugar Glaze
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Refrigerate 1 hour
12 appetizers or 4 entree portions
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 4 button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 cup crumbled cornbread
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Spread steak open lengthwise into almost equal halves. Place opened steak in shallow baking dish.
- In small bowl, whisk together beer, olive oil, garlic and salt. Pour beer mixture over steak. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove steak to a flat work surface and discard marinade. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, mushrooms, and Italian sausage, breaking up sausage with back of spoon, 5 minutes, or until sausage is browned.
- Add crumbled cornbread and parsley to skillet, stirring until a mealy dough is formed. Spread cornbread mixture across opened steak, leaving 1 inch clear along the edges of meat. Roll steak and secure closed with cooking twine. Place rolled steak in skillet and sear on all sides.
- Place rolled steak in a shallow baking dish. Add 1 cup beef broth and bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler on high. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place steak roll on baking sheet. Sprinkle all sides evenly with sugar, pressing sugar into meat’s surface to coat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until meat is browned and sugar coating is golden. All trace of sugar-sweetness will be gone, leaving only a beautiful crispy glaze.
- Slice thinly to serve as appetizers, or slice into 4 main dish portions.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Cindy :: Marina :: Brandy W :: DCSEEGER :: Angelo Dela Cruz :: Esmith :: JIM G :: Jill C :: Tabitha Wood :: Mary :: Lynn P :: mickeyb :: Annieg :: Rellybean :: karen cakes :: JaymeC :: Annet S :: gg :: ANNA :: jody