Fresh Cherry Salsa
Prep time :
30 minutes chill time
- 2 1/4 cups pitted cherries (3/4 pound), roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, stir cherries together with the sugar and let stand 5 minutes for the sugar to absorb.
- Stir in the lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, and salt. Gently fold in the red onion, jalapenos and cilantro. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld, then serve cold or at room temperature.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: descar :: danamatt :: Duane L :: Lee's Baby :: rianna davis :: Vicky L :: Beverly P :: Darren L :: Joan B :: Shirel :: Debbie L :: neda b :: TAMMY :: Myrtis C :: april resendiz :: Heather B :: KShoaf :: Jayne Marshall :: Sarilyn :: Heather A