Hot Tamale Popcorn
Prep time :
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 5.5 oz box Hot Tamales (or 3 Alarm Hot Tamales for extra heat!)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place popcorn in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium size non-stick pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add corn syrup, Hot Tamales, mini marshmallows and sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until Hot Tamales have melted completely. This should take about 8 minutes. The mixture will be very sticky. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn, and stir to completely coat the popcorn. Pour popcorn out onto parchment paper and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: karluc :: Christina W :: suz1more :: Sharon D :: Shantel Lowry :: Courtney :: Kelly :: LA :: kmarx :: Sweet Pea :: MWest :: Amanda :: Pam :: teacher56 :: l.meier :: cmartin :: Fran L :: Rachel :: Mike Stamm :: Meghan R