Skinny French Onion Dip
Prep time :
Refrigerate 24 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium onions, diced in large dice
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5-10 dashes Tabasco, to taste
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In large pan, sauté oil, onions, sugar, salt, pepper, thyme, sage and oregano over medium heat until it begins to sizzle and onions begin to brown a bit. Lower heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent and a caramelized brown color. Set aside to cool.
- Once onions are cool, add sour cream, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 of caramelized onions to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add Tabasco to taste along with green onions and then pulse to mix.
- Pour into a sealable container and fold in rest of caramelized onions. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: sherri :: Kim :: kelleyton :: Shirley :: Joanz22 :: Trish C :: SANJEEV NAIR :: Gabby Parham :: Teri F :: Debbie :: Angela :: ashley o :: Winsome G :: Pam Shall :: Sandra K :: Rach @ EZPZMealz :: Annette :: Tyler :: tonya :: Ruth