Warm Caramel Apple Dip
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped into squares
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Green apple slices (or pretzels), for serving
- Homemade Caramel Sauce: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, whisk sugar (stirring constantly) until it melts and turns an amber color, being careful not to burn it. (It will become lumpy before melting completely - but just keep stirring.)
- As soon as it melts and turns an amber color, add butter. Keep stirring until the butter melts completely. Slowly pour in the cream (stirring constantly) until it has been incorporated and you have a smooth sauce. Add salt and remove from heat. Let rest cool before eating.
- On a microwave-safe plate, microwave cream cheese for 45 seconds. Top with warm caramel sauce and chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately with pretzels and apple slices. (If you have any leftover sauce, you can store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.)
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: jessica :: martinc :: Carolyn :: abbieblakely :: Abriel S :: tricia swansburg :: pj :: Heather Hammond :: pam :: Kesh :: Leotha M :: laney :: Chef Tiki :: jhughes :: billiejo c :: David :: Betty Martinez :: Vicki :: aa a :: Theresa W