- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup grape seed or safflower oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Red food coloring - several drops depending on desired color
- Decorative jar(s)
- Ribbon and/or wooden spoon
- In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Adjust sugar and oil amounts to achieve desired consistency. Some prefer a dryer scrub and other prefer a smoother scrub.
- Mix in peppermint essential oil. Add a few drops at a time until you reach desired fragrance.
- Separate the peppermint sugar scrub into 2 smaller bowls. Add drops of red food coloring (one at a time) to one bowl. Continue until you reach desired color.
- Spoon in alternating white and red scrub into jar.
- Decorate with a bow, candy cane or small wooden spoon.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Invigorating peppermint essential oil, vitamin E rich safflower oil and pure cane sugar crystals, swirl together in this all-natural body scrub. Peppermint has a cooling and soothing quality and grape seed oil helps deeply moisturize your skin. Double the recipe and make enough to give as a gift and treat yourself too. Peppermint Swirl Sugar Scrub is a thoughtful and inexpensive holiday gift for a family member or teacher and a great remedy for dry, winter skin.
Giving as a present? Download these printable sugar scrub labels to personalize your gift.