- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together marshmallows, 1/2 cup chocolate chunks and pecans. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and 1/2 cup chocolate chunks, stirring until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with marshmallow mixture. Bake for 5 minutes more and then remove from oven and allow to cool.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.