- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, no white bitter pith
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, no white bitter pith
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon lime soda
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9 or 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl often. Whip until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla and citrus zest.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with lemon-lime soda.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Place in oven and bake until center of the cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a tooth pick comes out clean. About 75-80 minutes. Let sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
If you are looking for the ultimate moist pound cake, this one is it!