- 1 cup butter, cubed at room temperature
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Grease a 10" bundt pan with butter or shortening very liberally. Dust pan with flour and set aside.
- Place all cake ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low for 30 seconds and then increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes until a toothpick entered into center comes out clean.
- While cake is cooling, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.
- Poke holes all over warm cake using a knife and pour glaze evenly on cake while still in the pan. Allow cake to cool completely in the pan and then invert cake onto a serving plate. Cut and serve with crème chantilly, if desired.
- NOTE: This cake can be made the day before as it becomes even more moist and flavorful when it rests overnight.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky@CookiesandCups.