- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter with sugar and eggs. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add buttermilk and flavorings to sugar mixture. Gently mix everything together.
- Grease a tube pan and fill with batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with crème Chantilly and fresh berries.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
This Buttermilk Pound Cake was given to us by employee Janett Rogers.