Coconut Lime Pound Cake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One standard loaf cake
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lime zest, no white bitter pith
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup coconut flakes, sweetened
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- Butter and flour an 8 x 4 inches or 9 x 5 inches loaf pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated before adding next. Scrape bowl often. Whip until mixture is very light and fluffy. Add lime zest, salt and coconut extract.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda together. In low speed and one third of flour mixture. Once combined add half of lime juice, when smooth add another third of flour. Repeat with lime juice and flour last. Mix in coconut.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Place in oven and lower heat to 350°F. After being in the oven for 45 minutes drape a sheet of buttered aluminum foil gently on the surface of pound cake. (Keeps cake from browning too much)
- Bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. About 60 minutes for larger loaf pan size and 75-80 minutes for smaller loaf pan. Let sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Ovens vary in temperature and loaf pan sizes as well, therefore when baking pound cakes, trust your baking instinct rather than time.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Noodle7023 :: SandraGrigg :: aj :: couponhoco :: dotty chaney :: Connie :: Rebecca :: shirley watson :: Terri G :: Larry J :: ShellyW :: Debbie M :: Gary Mohr :: Debra :: Howard :: syd :: Mia G :: Julie :: Nievah2010 :: Judy Wood