- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup vitamin D milk
- 8 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Cooking Spray
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together for 30 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl to ensure the butter and sugar are well incorporated.
- On low, pour in beaten eggs then increase to medium speed. Beat for 30 seconds, then stop, scrape the sides of the bowl and then beat for another 20 seconds to insure the eggs are fully mixed in. On low, mix in flour, baking powder and milk alternating dry ingredients to wet. Be careful not to over mix.
- Line 8 x 8 x 2 inch square pan with parchment paper. Spray cooking spray on top of the parchment paper. Spread all of marmalade to cover baking dish / parchment paper bottom. Then begin to spoon batter over marmalade.
- Place baking dish inside a water bath (in a deeper baking dish with warm water 1/3 of way up dessert baking dish). Cover baking dish with tin foil and place in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes. When time is up, insert a toothpick in center to ensure that it comes out clean. Allow it to cool about 5 minutes. Place a large plate on top of the baking dish, then flip cake over and let cake fall onto plate. Let it cake set for a minute allowing the marmalade to fall off the parchment paper. When all marmalade has fallen, remove parchment paper. Let cool for an additional 10-15 minutes then cut and serve.
Notes: For a little extra sweetness - serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on side.