- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use natural)
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sifted Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, roughly chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place rack in center of oven, then preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 12-cup bundt or tube pan and dust with flour.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together sour cream, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar on medium high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl once or twice as needed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. With mixer running, slowly add 1/3 of flour mixture and beat until incorporated. Add 1/2 of sour cream mixture. Stop mixer, scrape down sides of bowl, then repeat with next 1/3 of flour mixture, then remaining sour cream. Add all but 1 tablespoon of final 1/3 of flour mixture, reserving last bit of flour in bowl. Beat just until incorporated.
- In bowl with reserved flour mixture, add chocolate chips, then toss gently to coat chips (this will prevent chips from sinking to bottom of the cake as it bakes.) By hand, fold chocolate chips into batter. Scrape batter into prepared bundt pan, then tap pan several times on counter to remove any air pockets. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes, then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze and assemble cake: Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla in a large measuring cup or small mixing bowl. Pour over cake, letting it drip down sides. While glaze is still wet, top cake with chopped chocolate chips. Let cake stand until glaze is set, about 30 minutes. (Alternatively, you can place cake in refrigerator to speed up setting process.) Slice and serve.
- Store leftover cake at room temperature in a cake keeper or on a plate covered in plastic wrap for up to 3 days.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.