Warm Raspberry Pudding Cake with Vanilla Butter Sauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:30 to 0:35
One 9X13 cake or 14 ramekins
- 1 (16.25 oz) box white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding (powder mix only)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
Vanilla Butter Sauce
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease one 9x13-inch baking dish or 14 individual 6 oz ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, vegetable oil, milk and eggs. Whisking until smooth. Gently fold in raspberries.
- If using a 9x13-inch baking dish, pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If using individual ramekins, divide batter evenly into prepared ramekins (filling 3/4 full) and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- As soon as cake is finished baking, place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Melt butter in microwave (about 1 minute on high). Whisk in sugar and cook for 1 more minute on high and whisk again. Sugar should dissolve; if not heat for 30 more seconds and whisk again.
- Once sugar dissolves, quickly whisk in cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve cake with warm butter sauce and additional fresh raspberries.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: jenniferjohnson :: scn :: char g :: Courtney E :: Trickster1254 :: Marissa S :: Darlene Sides :: DebM :: Lynn :: John G :: Kathryn P :: Jmatuski :: gickie :: Heather S :: Tina S :: brittany :: firstname.lastname@example.org :: Kiya :: angielhow2010 :: Gracie