- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups shredded carrots (5 medium)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of pan and flour lightly.
- Mix sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl until blended. Beat 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except carrots and nuts. Beat 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour in pan.
- Bake in a rectangular baking pan for 40-45 minutes, or a round pan for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
This recipe was submitted from the kitchen of G. Victoria, Houston, TX.