- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups cold water
Peanut Butter Candy Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup candy coated peanut butter candy, crushed
- Whole peanut butter candies, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add melted butter, vinegar, vanilla, and water. Mix until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and peanut butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add half of the powdered sugar and beat for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining sugar, milk, and vanilla for another 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add chopped candy.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake. If desired, decorate top with whole candies.