Brenda’s Caramel Fudge
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:20 to 0:30
18 - 24 pieces
- Lightly butter a large mixing bowl, a 9x9 square baking pan, and a large heavy gauge pot. Set mixing bowl and pan aside.
- Put 1/2 cup sugar in buttered pot and melt over medium high heat, stirring constantly until sugar has become a rich, golden liquid. Remove from heat.
- Add butter, evaporated milk, and granulated sugar. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until it reaches a boil. The caramelized sugar will harden but it will remelt and blend evenly into the mixture as the candy reaches the boiling point.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, insert a candy thermometer and continue boiling and stirring until mixture reaches 245°F (or until mixture forms a hard ball if dropped into cold water).
- Pour mixture into buttered mixing bowl and add pecans, vanilla, and marshmallow cream. Stir vigorously until candy becomes shiny and begins to thicken. Quickly pour and spread into buttered baking pan and allow to stand, undisturbed, until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Score squares while fudge is still warm. Cut into squares and store in airtight container.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe originally published in the Homemade Good News Magazine, 1993 edition, volume XIII No 6.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Thu P :: Sandy T :: Tia E :: Evonda Norton :: ShariJ :: Susie Simons :: Melissa :: itsupp0rt :: boydtrudy :: jlh :: jordyn :: Margaret G :: John :: Melissa M :: Brooke Fowler :: Jennifer Sapp :: sccowboyfan :: gabs :: Karey Phipps :: Crystal S