Cocoa Almond Truffles
Prep time :
A few dozen
- 1 cup natural or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Cocoa powder and powered sugar for rolling
- Whisk together cocoa, espresso powder and sugar. Stir in milk until combined.
- Add in nuts and extracts. (The mixture will be very thick.) Roll teaspoon-sized scoops of mixture into balls.
- Roll balls in cocoa and/or powdered sugar.
- Store in refrigerator.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
NOTE: If truffle mixture becomes too sticky, place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill and then resume scooping into balls.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bakeat350.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Tammy M :: Ashgarrison :: Marilyn Santiago :: eve :: Virginia N :: wbouton :: Truepoet23 :: Marilouise K :: Regina :: jeff :: Vikki :: PJ :: FloCookie :: Tina Moore :: BGist :: Jill Parker :: sheryl :: kbwsaves :: nannybeck :: Corky