Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:02 to 0:03
3 dozen truffles
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 bars (6 ounces) high quality chocolate with cocoa content near 55-60%
- Chop one 6 ounce bar chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Set aside.
- In a saucepan bring whipping cream and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and pour onto chopped chocolate. Stir using a whisk until chocolate is melted, set aside.
- Chop 1/2 cup of dried cranberries in 2-3 pieces. Stir into ganache.
- Cover the ganache with plastic food wrap and allow setting for 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out ganache into round balls. Remaining ganache can be pressed and rolled by hand into balls. Set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets or cutting boards with plastic food film and set aside.
- Chop 2 tablespoon of cranberries in small pieces and set aside.
- Chop remaining chocolate bars into small pieces and place 2/3 of it in a microwave proof bowl. Set 1/3 of remaining chocolate aside.
- Select a saucepan which will nicely hold the above bowl. Fill saucepan with one inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn to very low simmer and place chocolate bowl on top. Stir constantly until chocolate is nearly melted and has reached 115°F.
- Remove from heat and allow cooling to 112°F. Add remaining non melted chocolate and stir until most of chocolate has melted.
- Place some chocolate on the palm of your hand and roll a round ganache ball into it. Place on plastic lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle the surface with chopped cranberries. Repeat until all is done. If chocolate becomes too firm or cold place it for 4-5 seconds in the microwave oven.
- Keep truffles refrigerated.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Vidya D :: Sarah :: johnc :: courtneyd777 :: dmuehling :: Gracie :: Peaches :: brandon :: Cheryl C :: Jill Samociuk :: steve :: dHeadley :: Robin Clayton :: dan h lucas :: Hvaldes01 :: Erin :: chef jennifer :: Lisa Wilkerson :: Kelly :: michelle