Gluten Free Peanut Butter Truffles
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Chill for 1 hour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process almond meal, peanut butter, dates, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Chill dough for 1 hour, or until it is easy to roll into balls (dough will still be sticky).
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place onto prepared cookie sheet. Chill balls in freezer while you prepare and melt chocolate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate for 30 seconds and stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate using toothpicks or a fork. Return to cookie sheet.
- Let truffles harden in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: amber :: Eleece Z :: mew :: NMC :: Molly Bentley :: june :: dawn d :: Jennifer B :: Dawn C :: Natasha M :: Nakesha Williams :: Ms. Gale :: christine xander :: Pam Flowers :: lisa gose :: Elizbeth M :: LucyB :: Susan bell :: holly :: Dianne