Mexican Hot Chocolate Truffles
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Refrigerate for 2 hours
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- cinnamon or mini marshmallows for decoration
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add 8 oz semisweet chocolate and cream. Cook, stirring until chocolate is completely melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, powdered sugar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow mixture to become firm.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of truffle filling and roll into a ball, set on prepared cookie sheet. Continue until all truffles have been rolled.
- Melt 12 oz chocolate according to package directions. Quickly dip each truffle into the melted chocolate and return it to the wax paper.
- Top with extra cinnamon or mini marshmallows for decoration. Let truffles harden by placing them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Bray :: nllinas1 :: Judy Elkins :: pinkmarcy :: Paula :: LSU :: Caitlin Williamson :: shelby :: ChefTen :: noneyas :: PAIGE a :: Donna B :: Debbie C :: cmseronka :: Tiffany Ammons :: hbkbfam :: lori :: mimirs03 :: Sabrina :: fletch