Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:10 to 0:15
22 - 24 pieces
- 2 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup broken pecans
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, milk and butter in saucepan. Cook, stirring only until sugar dissolves and mixture reaches soft ball stage (238° F).
- Remove from heat; cool at room temperature, without stirring until lukewarm.
- Add vanilla, beat until mixture holds its shape and starts to lose its gloss. Stir in nuts and spread in buttered pan.
- Cool and cut in squares.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Donald :: Michelle D :: Brittni Hanson :: Dianna :: Kim :: Cyndi H :: Jackie W :: Michelle :: Vikkiincolorado :: Denise Heinle :: shippshape :: JMAN :: Brittany Lynn :: Renee :: mamma6 :: Nancy :: cindy :: Donna T :: Kim H :: Pam