Potato Candy Pinwheels with Salted Caramel and Chocolate
Prep time :
2 hours chill time
36 small pinwheels
- 1/4 cup cooked potatoes, mashed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate ganache
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- Pinch sea salt flake
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, milk, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until uniform.
- Slowly add confectioners' sugar into potato mixture until a doughy consistency Cover and place in refrigerator to chill, at least one hour.
- Just before rolling out candy, prepare chocolate ganache. Bring 1/4 cup heavy cream to a simmer over low heat. Remove from heat; add 1/4 cup chocolate chips (any flavor – dark, milk, or semi-sweet). Allow to melt for 30 seconds, then stir until smooth. Allow to cool before using.
- Roll dough into a large rectangular on a piece of wax or parchment paper.
- Carefully spread chocolate ganache evenly over the rectangle of dough. Drizzle caramel topping over the chocolate, then sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Roll dough into the shape of a jelly roll and refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour. Slice the dough into pinwheels to serve. Keep chilled.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: flbnoit :: Candace G :: leann :: Elizabeth E :: Mccrord :: Dot Taylor :: JessieGivens :: jessica adams :: rose :: Leslieroque :: LeAnn :: Crissy Morris :: Christina S :: Olga G :: carraigbawn :: Nico Flowers :: mafmel :: Sweetcook :: Ms. V :: amy morris