Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles
Prep time :
Chill for 30 minutes
4 dozen truffles
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (18 ounces) vanilla sandwich cookies
- 2 packages (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixer, combine pumpkin puree, cream cheese and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about two minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, pecans and pumpkin pie spice and beat until thoroughly incorporated. With mixer on medium, add sandwich cookies 1 or 2 at a time until crushed and all are incorporated into batter. Mixture should have the consistency of thick frosting.
- Place bowl in freezer for about 15 minutes. After freezing, roll mixture into small balls about 1/2-inch in width and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Return shaped balls to freezer for another 15 minutes.
- In double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate chips. Remove shaped balls from freezer and one by one roll in melted chocolate, using a wide slotted fork, and return to baking sheet. When all truffles are coated in chocolate, store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Ernurse :: Lori M :: Josh :: A M M :: Rebecca :: Sharon Burgess :: Michelle J :: asdfadf :: shontel mackey :: Brian M :: Karen :: KMarshall :: B :: Jessica R :: MARIA D :: Mary King :: Sherri Leigh :: Lynn :: James Jones :: cynthia