Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups well packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 8 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cup nuts such as macadamia, pecans, toasted peanutsâ€¦.chopped
- Remove stem from apples and insert Popsicle sticks. Place on wax paper or silpat. Set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients (excluding apples) melt butter. Add sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt. Stir to a boil, preferably using a heat resistant rubber spatula.
- On medium heat continue to stir until the caramel reaches 245°F.
- Remove from heat and pour in vanilla extract.
- Carefully tilt pan to obtain a deep caramel layer. Dip one apple at a time rotating in caramel until well coated. Remove from caramel and dip in chopped nuts. Place on wax paper or silpat.
- Allow to cool before consuming.
- Remaining caramel can be reheated and used for sweetening coffee. Soak the pan in water for easy cleanup.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Lisa :: Lynne M :: bev :: mkb136 :: Mel :: ashleyo :: Tracy S :: sonia b :: Trica J :: jeff :: Gabby :: Dolly :: whouston :: yyp9665 :: JD3 :: Jean T :: Mary :: mario d :: Stephanie :: MilesC