Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
Prep time :
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Chambord
- Pinch salt
- Truffle coating (see below)
Truffle Coating Options: Place any of the following toppings into a plastic bag and drop in one truffle at a time, seal, and shake to coat
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Finely chopped nuts (peanuts, pecans, walnuts, almonds)
- Finely chopped white chocolate
- Finely chopped dark chocolate
- Mixture of chopped white and dark chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Any type of sprinkles
- Heat cream over a medium setting until just boiling.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until smoothly melted. Dice butter and stir into chocolate mixture until smooth again.
- Stir in jam, the Chambord and pinch of salt. Carefully pour the mixture into bowl, cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll chilled mixture into small one-inch balls and arrange into single even layers in a tightly sealed plastic bag or container. Chilled, uncoated truffles may be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. At serving coat truffles as desired, place in decorative paper cups and serve immediately.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
- Truffles are best when consumed at room temperature.
- Watch Chef Eddy create truffles in this "How to Bake" video series.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: ww87 :: Nikcole S :: SusieWatts :: Krystal H :: peanut :: cynroberts01 :: Bettye D :: Larry :: ashleysoo :: KW :: Kim :: April Piotrowski :: Ashlie Ritchie :: MP Baker :: Lynn :: Amanda M :: Jennifer P :: KAT :: KATHY HUMPHREY :: nora