Macadamia Nut Brittle
Prep time :
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- If macadamia nuts are whole, chop coarsely and set aside. Lightly butter a cookie sheet or set aside a silicone baking mat.
- In a saucepan stir together sugar and water and bring to a boil. Using a pastry brush, wash away any sugar crystals stuck to side of pan. The extra water going into pan has no affect on the final outcome of brittle.
- Without stirring, cook to a light golden caramel. Remove from heat and add macadamia nuts, butter and baking soda at once. The mixture will rise in the pan. Stir with a wooden or a heat resistant spatula until well combined.
- Scrape mixture on buttered pan or silicone mat. Press flat using spatula. Let cool and store airtight.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Evan Anderson :: Christina R :: Bethany :: Janice W :: April H :: Pat Y :: amber :: Tiara B :: therese a :: Stacey Pace :: sweetpea32042 :: Miss Tee :: Charlotte Clay :: Gerri Stancil :: Elizabeth :: Michelle Smith :: R L W :: wpeg06 :: Vikki Basinger :: melissa