Peanut Butter Crunch
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Stand time 3 hours to overnight
10 to 12 servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups peanuts (salted, chopped, 1/2 cup reserved)
- 12 ounce milk chocolate chips
- Generously grease a small rimmed sheet pan (like one from a small toaster oven).
- Chop nuts by hand or with a food processor.
- In a large sauce pan (about 4 quarts to prevent boil-over) over a medium to high heat, combine first 5 ingredients while stirring non-stop until mixture has same color of peanut butter. Add the 1/2 cup of reserved nuts, and then pour into prepared pan. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once cooling time has passed, score or mark across surface and all way down with a greased knife. Please use caution as candy is still very hot. Let cool completely at room temperature (3 hours to overnight, depending on thickness of the candy).
- Once completely cooled, the candy into pieces (they should break apart at score lines). Put remaining nuts in a bowl and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler with low heat. Dip each candy piece in melted chocolate and then roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on parchment paper lined sheet pan. Chill in fridge for about 5 minutes to harden before consuming. Enjoy!
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: DemetriusG :: Danielle :: Car;a :: Faye :: NicholeN :: jennw :: angievarnadoe :: ecraine :: GailK :: crissy :: auntee :: BAAM0207 :: DFXGJH :: ALLISON HAYNES :: Jbpiratemom :: cas :: ldoll :: Carol Dugan :: DIXIE CRYSTAL :: Daisy C