- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cream sandwich cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 ounces red food coloring (based on preference of color)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
Whipped Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly spray a 10-inch springform pan with non-stick baking spray.
- For the crust: Whisk together chocolate cookie crumbs and sugar with melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of the springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- For the cheesecake filling: Mix cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until completely blended and smooth. Add in heavy cream, and then add in eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Lastly, pour in sour cream, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, red food coloring, and flour. Mix until entire batter is smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Carefully pour batter into the prepared pan.
- (Optional) Water bath: Place cheesecake pan inside a larger pan and slowly fill the large pan with boiling water halfway up sides of the springform pan. This step isn't necessary because the cheesecake bakes up nicely with no cracks without it but if you want extra assurance, you should add the water bath.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 4 additional hours.
- Remove cheesecake from oven after 4 hours and rest on the counter until it is completely room temperature. Chill the cheesecake by placing in the refrigerator and chilling overnight.
- For the Whipped Cream Cheese: In a medium-sized bowl add cream cheese and mix on high speed. Slowly add sugar and beat for 5 minutes until completely smooth. Lastly, add heavy whipping cream and beat on high speed until cream cheese is fluffy and high peaks have formed. Top cheesecake with whipped cream in decorative pattern and serve.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jocelyn Delk Adams @Grandbaby-Cakes.com.