Wine Gelée Topped Cheesecake Minis on Hazelnut Cookies
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:25 to 0:30
24 mini cheesecakes
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup hazelnut pieces
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups sweet rose wine such as Moscato
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare cheesecake bites either in metal or silicone mini muffin molds. If using silicone place on a cookie sheet and set aside. If using metal, brush evenly with melted butter. Sprinkle buttered molds with granulated sugar and place on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on lowest speed, alternatively mix by using a hand held spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture shows no lumps. Scrape bowl and beater between additions.
- Add flour and mix until combined. Add vanilla and sour cream.
- Fill molds 1/8 inch away from edge. Place in oven and pour hot water onto cookie sheet to create a water bath. Water should come 1/4 inch away from edge of cookie sheet. Bake until the center of the cheesecakes no longer tremble and feel set when pressed with a finger.
- Using metal serving tongs carefully lift mini muffin tin out of water. Place pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before placing in a refrigerator. Remove pan filled with water from oven when safe enough to do so.
- If using silicone molds it is best to place the mold in the freezer for 1-2 hours as it will provide cleanest removal results. If metal pans are used, refrigerate cheesecakes for 2 hours. Then place two fingers on surface and “twist and turn’ cakes clockwise. Place pan upside down on a plastic or parchment lined cookie sheet and allow cakes to slowly drop. Return to refrigerator.
- For hazelnut cookies: Cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar and cream further. Add egg yolk, vanilla and salt, mix until well combined but not light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and hazelnut pieces in a food processor and mix until hazelnuts are chopped finely. (Slightly coarser than corn meal.)
- Add hazelnut-flour mixture in one step to the creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press dough flat on a plastic food film lined cookie sheet and chill in refrigerator until firm enough to roll. About 1 hour or leave overnight.
- This dough tends to become soft very quickly during rolling. Tip: place 2 cookie sheets filled with ice cubes on the area where you will be rolling dough. This will keep dough longer cool and make it easier to work. Using the least amount of flour during rolling will give a better result.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface 1/8 inch thick. Cut circles with same dimensions as widest part of the mini cheesecakes. Place circles on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in 350°F oven until golden, about 13-15 minutes.
- For wine gelée: Combine first listed water with sugar and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Set aside. Combine water and gelatin and stir until well combined. After 2 minutes add gelatin mixture to hot sugar syrup. Pour in wine and set aside.
- Lightly oil an 8 or 9-nine inch square cake pan. Press plastic food film into oiled pan. Pour wine gelée mixture into lined pan. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Gently lift plastic out the pan and cut into circles with same dimensions as the smallest diameter of mini cheesecakes. Place on surface of the mini cheesecakes.
- Place mini cheesecakes onto a prebaked hazelnut cookie.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Ceda :: judy :: candice :: Billy Ray :: Leslie Ray :: AuntT :: Cass :: Shannon Montoya :: Audie :: eliz1228 :: Lauren :: Lena :: Alesha :: johanna :: WALT :: Christy :: Kss :: Amanda B :: Robert D :: Spa013