- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bag (12 oz.) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag (12 oz.) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips
- Optional: 2 cups crispy rice cereal
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter until smooth, add sugars and cream further. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla, mix until light and creamy.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chips and rice crispies and gently stir to combine.
- Scoop dough using a medium ice cream scoop or use a soup spoon. Place on a parchment or silicone baking mat lined or buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 11-13 minutes, baking time will depend on size of cookies.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
In our original recipe, we had white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips listed as ingredients. However, finding both of these chips now, made without hydrogenated fat is nearly an impossible task. Therefore the recipe has been updated to use chips which can be found made of real chocolate. Remember, real chocolate is always made with real cocoa butter! If desired, one of the chips can always be replaced with a chocolate bar cut in chunks.