- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried apricot pieces, chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine melted butter, cream cheese and sugars in a medium bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Stir in flour and baking soda on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Stir in apricot pieces until just mixed.
- Spoon batter onto prepared baking sheets. Cookies do not have a tendency to spread. Bake 13-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.