Brown Butter Churro Krispy Treats
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
16 2-inch squares
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups cinnamon rice squares (Cinnamon Chex)
- Butter or coat with non-stick spray an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Continue to heat until butter melts, then foams, then turns clear golden, then starts to turn brown and smell nutty. Stir frequently, scraping up any bits from bottom as you do. Watch it carefully, especially in last minute, to ensure butter does not burn. As soon as butter turns brown, turn off heat, then stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add marshmallows and stir to melt. The heat of melted butter should be enough to melt marshmallows, but if necessary, turn heat on low and stir until marshmallows are smooth and no white streaks remain.
- Remove pot from stove and stir in the cereal and salt. As soon as cereal is coated, spread it quickly into prepared pan. To spread cereal to corners, lightly coat a sheet of wax paper with cooking, then evenly press it into pan corners. Let cool 15 minutes, cut into bars and serve.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: AmberR :: Lindsey Burton :: DMoore :: Lorraine M :: Julia :: big g :: Lynn Gresham :: Lara H :: NasEjMalia :: wnance :: gibby :: Danny Camp :: JIMBO1553 :: Patricia T :: Jeans Kitchen :: Suzanna S :: John :: ash :: aibee :: marie