Refrigerate for 1 hour
- 8 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a medium size pan, add chocolate and butter. Heat over medium low flame until butter and chocolate are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in granulated sugar, mixing constantly until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Let mixture cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until just combined. Cookie dough will be soft. Don’t be tempted to add more flour.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for at least one hour or until cold enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place confectioners powdered sugar into a bowl or a bag.
- With a large size ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough on one of the baking sheets. Roll each cookie dough into a ball and toss with confectioners sugar before placing on another baking sheet.
- Once all the cookies have been rolled, place baking sheets with cookies into refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from refrigerator and bake for 13-16 minutes.
- Cool completely on baking sheets before transferring to a sealed container.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.