- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat one to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs. Slowly add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add toffee bits.
- In a small bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Use a tablespoon scoop to portion cookies and roll into a ball. Coat dough in cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared sheets, 2-inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.